Some words about artist
My name is Irene Postolnaya.
I was born in Leningrad, studied and worked in St. Petersburg.
As a child, I painted with watercolors, graduated from the Children’s Art School № 1 in Leningrad, enrolling immediately in the 3rd year. I remember the smell of oil from childhood, my father painted oil portraits using the technique of old masters.
My further study and work were not related to painting.
I have worked in the luxury business for over 18 years. I traveled a lot around the world. I loves Italy very much. I have many friends and partners in the Europe.
Visits to private residences and galleries such as the Uffizi in Florence inspired the idea of studying painting in this incredible city. So, in the same breath, I took a short-term study at the Academy of Arts in Florence. And upon returning to St. Petersburg, I continued my studies at courses for adults. The first private order I’ve got during academic work in oil painting.
I had studied a lot and took lessons from famous artists.
Irene Postolnaya — is a participant of international painting competitions.
Laureate 1st degree at the International Arts Festival in Italy 2023.
Grand Prix at the International Arts Festival 2022.
Audience Award in the Art Portrait 2022 competition.
Diploma “Talents of Russia 2023” in the competition-exhibition “Unique Russia 2023” in Gostiny Dvor, Moscow.
Letter of thanks for participation in the exhibition “Palaces, estates, parks” from the Moscow City Duma Works are in private collections in Russia, Europe and the USA, as well as in contemporary art galleries.
Participant of Art Exhibition “Loyalty to traditions” for the 120th anniversary of the Union of Russian Artists — Saint-Petersburg, March 2023
Works are in private collections in Russia, Europe and the USA.
Since December 2022 I am a Member of the Union of Russian Artists (founded in 1903 with members Konstantin Yuon, Abram Arkhipov, Igor Grabar, Nicholas Roerich, Arkady Rylov, Viktor Vasnetsov and others.).
Since 2023 — Member of the Union of Watercolorists of Russia.
- “Capitals of the World” — MFA, Moscow, 2023
- Exhibition dedicated to the 80th anniversary of the Battle of Kursk, Art Gallery, Kursk, 2023
- International Arts Festival 2023, Italy
- Personal exhibition of watercolors “Spreading in color”, Kursk, 2023
- “Cultural Code” — Kazan, Kremlin, 2023
- “Russian Orientalism” —Moscow, International Art Foundation, 2023
- “Women’s Charm” — St. Petersburg, Bryuloff Gallery, 2023
- Personal exhibition “50 shades of red, 50 shades of blue”, Kursk, Art Gallery, 2023
- “Palaces, estates, parks”, Moscow City Duma, 2023
- “Loyalty to traditions”, exhibition dedicated to the 120th anniversary of the Union of Russian Artists, St. Petersburg, 2023
- “Wonderful Evening, Delicious Dinner” St. Petersburg, 2023
- “Spring!”, St. Petersburg, 2023
- “Unique Russia 2023”, Moscow, Gostiny Dvor
- “Art and dot”, Artplay, Moscow 2022
- “Art Portrait 2022” — Art Future Gallery, Moscow — Audience Award
- “Festival of Arts 2022”, Volgograd
- “50 shades of blue” — Artalebrio, 2022
You can read about announcements of upcoming exhibitions where you can see my works in the News section.
I will be happy if my artworks find their place in your home.